Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Warren Gray back to take a look at today's slate of baseball games and provide a daily fantasy Baseball forecast. This column provides readers with a high level outlook for the days baseball games. We will examine which teams we predict to be the winners, slugfests, pitcher's duels, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who might be a above average option. Each day I examine the schedule of baseball games and attempt to determine the best games to stack players from or avoid for daily fantasy baseball. Today's daily fantasy predictions are for August 05, 2015, and we enjoy is a full slate of 15 games today. Get ready to load your daily fantasy line up with players from multiple teams projected to put up high run totals today. We will evaluate the specifics of the outlier high scoring game shortly. It's time to get started, let's analyze the outlook for today.

 

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we analyze which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups are games in which the odds of the favorite winning are relatively high compared to the average game. Average matchups describe games that the favorite has a above average chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are listed in parenthesis.

Great Matchups

  • Washington (Gio Gonzalez-LHP) -over- Arizona (Rubby De La Rosa-RHP)
  • L.A. Dodgers (Brett Anderson-LHP) -over- Philadelphia (Aaron Harang-RHP)
  • San Francisco (Madison Bumgarner-LHP) -over- Atlanta (Williams Perez-RHP)
  • St. Louis (Carlos Martinez-RHP) -over- Cincinnati (David Holmberg-LHP)
  • N.Y. Mets (Matt Harvey-RHP) -over- Miami (David Phelps-RHP)
  • Kansas City (Johnny Cueto-RHP) -over- Detroit (Matt Boyd-LHP)
  • Toronto (Drew Hutchison-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Tyler Duffey-RHP)
  • N.Y. Yankees (Luis Severino-RHP) -over- Boston (Steven Wright-RHP)
  • Houston (Scott Kazmir-LHP) -over- Texas (Nick Martinez-RHP)

Average Matchups

  • Pittsburgh (Jeff Locke-LHP) -over- Chicago Cubs (Dan Haren-RHP)
  • Milwaukee (Taylor Jungmann-RHP) -over- San Diego (Ian Kennedy-RHP)
  • Baltimore (Wei-Yin Chen-LHP) -over- Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP)
  • L.A. Angels (Hector Santiago-LHP) -over- Cleveland (Danny Salazar-RHP)

Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)

  • Chicago White Sox (Carlos Rodon-LHP) -vs- Tampa Bay (Erasmo Ramirez-RHP)
  • Seattle (Taijuan Walker-RHP) -vs- Colorado (Chris Rusin-LHP)

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These games can be ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same MLB team. In larger tournaments, playing many players from the same team can increase the chances that they all have a big day together leading to a higher daily fantasy team score.

High Scoring Games

  • Boston -vs- N.Y. Yankees (7:05 PM)
  • Houston -vs- Texas (8:05 PM)
  • Seattle -vs- Colorado (3:10 PM)

Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)

  • No Pitcher's Duels Today

 

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

These pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a very good fantasy day compared to other available options.

Pitchers to Target

Pitchers who should be above average targets today due to favorable matchups include: Gio Gonzalez and Brett Anderson. It is a very good day for pitching matchups as the following pitchers are also very good choices: Madison Bumgarner, Carlos Martinez, Matt Harvey, Johnny Cueto and Drew Hutchison.

Pitchers to Avoid

Both Steven Wright and Nick Martinez are starting in very bad matchups today and should be off the table for your lineup. Pitchers who are not recommended as starters today due to poor matchups include: Taijuan Walker and Chris Rusin. There are also other pitchers who should be avoided today, including: Rubby De La Rosa, Aaron Harang, Williams Perez, David Holmberg, David Phelps, Matt Boyd and Tyler Duffey. These recommendations will be incorrect from time to time, but over the long run these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.

Weather

If players games get rained out, they can't score fantasy points. It is recommended to avoid players from the following games to avoid the potential rainout: San Francisco at Atlanta (30% chance of rain), St. Louis at Cincinnati (40% chance of rain), N.Y. Mets at Miami (30% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: