Here are the game overviews for today for daily fantasy Baseball, provided by Warren Gray. This column provides readers with a general synopsis for the days baseball games. We will examine which teams we predict to be the winners, slugfests, pitcher's duels, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who might be a pretty good option. Each day I take a look at the schedule of baseball games and do our best to determine the best games to stack players from or avoid for daily fantasy baseball. It should be an exciting day as players from many teams are poised to be a pretty good choice for daily fantasy offense. Pitching is also expected to take over at worst a single game today. We will examine the specifics of both of the outlier games shortly. It's time to investigate the daily fantasy forecast for today.
Projected Winners and Losers
In this section we evaluate which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favorite winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favorite has a above average chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.
- Cincinnati (Johnny Cueto-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Sean O'Sullivan-RHP)
- St. Louis (Lance Lynn-RHP) -over- Milwaukee (Tyler Cravy-RHP)
- L.A. Dodgers (Zack Greinke-RHP) -over- Colorado (David Hale-RHP)
- Boston (Clay Buchholz-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Mike Pelfrey-RHP)
- Washington (Max Scherzer-RHP) -over- Toronto (Marco Estrada-RHP)
- Washington (Jordan Zimmermann-RHP) -over- Toronto (R.A. Dickey-RHP)
- Chicago Cubs (Kyle Hendricks-RHP) -over- Miami (Brad Hand-LHP)
- Detroit (Alfredo Simon-RHP) -over- Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP)
- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP) -over- Kansas City (Jeremy Guthrie-RHP)
- Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -over- L.A. Angels (C.J. Wilson-LHP)
Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)
- Arizona (Josh Collmenter-RHP) -vs- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
- N.Y. Mets (Noah Syndergaard-RHP) -vs- San Diego (Ian Kennedy-RHP)
- San Francisco (Chris Heston-RHP) -vs- Pittsburgh (A.J. Burnett-RHP)
- Texas (Colby Lewis-RHP) -vs- Chicago White Sox (Jeff Samardzija-RHP)
- Seattle (Mike Montgomery-LHP) -vs- N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP)
- Colorado (Jorge De La Rosa-LHP) -vs- L.A. Dodgers (Juan Nicasio-RHP)
High and Low Scoring Games
High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players.
High Scoring Games
- L.A. Dodgers -vs- Colorado (8:40 PM)
- Atlanta -vs- Arizona (9:40 PM)
- L.A. Dodgers -vs- Colorado (3:10 PM)
Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)
- N.Y. Mets -vs- San Diego (10:10 PM)
Pitchers to Target or Avoid
These pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a very good fantasy day compared to other available options.
Pitchers to Target
Pitchers who should be above average targets today due to favorable matchups include: Noah Syndergaard, Ian Kennedy and Johnny Cueto. There are also other pitchers who should be good targets today, including: Lance Lynn, Clay Buchholz, Max Scherzer and Jordan Zimmermann.
Pitchers to Avoid
David Hale has a very bad matchup today and in my opinion should be benched. Starters who are predicted to be poor options today due to unfavorable matchups include: Shelby Miller, Josh Collmenter and Juan Nicasio. There are also other pitchers who should be avoided today, including: Jorge De La Rosa, Sean O'Sullivan, Tyler Cravy, Mike Pelfrey, Marco Estrada and R.A. Dickey. These stay away from recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.
There are games today that should be avoided due to potential rainouts, including: Cincinnati at Philadelphia (40% chance of rain), Chicago Cubs at Miami (40% chance of rain), Minnesota at Boston (40% chance of rain).