Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's time for the daily edition of the daily fantasy Baseball forecast provided by Warren Gray. This column offers a general synopsis for the days baseball games. We will examine which teams we predict to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a pretty good start in daily fantasy baseball. Here we look for an advantage over our competition by determining the best odds on which players to stay away from target each day. Over the course of the season, we will come out on top. Today's daily fantasy projections are for July 21, 2015, and we enjoy is a full slate of 15 games today. Prepare for several games today to provide plenty of runs for your daily fantasy lineups. We will examine the particulars of the outlier high scoring game shortly. Without further introduction, let's get into the overview for today.

 

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we scrutinize which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups describe games in which the odds of the favorite winning are relatively high compared to the average game. Average matchups indicate games that the favorite has a very good chance to win (but not great), and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are listed in parenthesis.

Average Matchups

  • N.Y. Mets (Jacob deGrom-RHP) -over- Washington (Joe Ross-RHP)
  • Chicago Cubs (Jason Hammel-RHP) -over- Cincinnati (Raisel Iglesias-RHP)
  • L.A. Dodgers (Brett Anderson-LHP) -over- Atlanta (Alex Wood-LHP)
  • Arizona (Jeremy Hellickson-RHP) -over- Miami (Mat Latos-RHP)
  • San Francisco (Chris Heston-RHP) -over- San Diego (Odrisamer Despaigne-RHP)
  • N.Y. Yankees (Nathan Eovaldi-RHP) -over- Baltimore (Wei-Yin Chen-LHP)
  • Seattle (Taijuan Walker-RHP) -over- Detroit (Shane Greene-RHP)
  • Houston (Vincent Velasquez-RHP) -over- Boston (Brian Johnson-LHP)
  • Tampa Bay (Nathan Karns-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Aaron Nola-RHP)
  • Cleveland (Danny Salazar-RHP) -over- Milwaukee (Matt Garza-RHP)
  • St. Louis (Michael Wacha-RHP) -over- Chicago White Sox (Carlos Rodon-LHP)
  • Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole-RHP) -over- Kansas City (Jason Vargas-LHP)
  • Colorado (Kyle Kendrick-RHP) -over- Texas (Matt Harrison-LHP)

Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)

  • Toronto (Mark Buehrle-LHP) -vs- Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP)

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the metrics indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a very good strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to stay away from the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.

High Scoring Games

  • Seattle -vs- Detroit (7:05 PM)
  • Texas -vs- Colorado (8:40 PM)

Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)

  • No Pitcher's Duels Today

 

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

It is important to consider that these pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a good fantasy day compared to other available options.

Pitchers to Target

We expect the following starting pitchers to be above average options today:

Pitchers to Avoid

The following starting pitchers are predicted to be poor options today: Taijuan Walker, Shane Greene, Matt Harrison and Kyle Kendrick. These recommendations don't mean that a pitcher on the list is certain to have a bad game, but it does mean that we wouldn't bet on it.

Weather

Fantasy players who get rained out typically score zero points. The following games have a chance for rain delays: N.Y. Mets at Washington (40% chance of rain), L.A. Dodgers at Atlanta (30% chance of rain), Boston at Houston (30% chance of rain), Tampa Bay at Philadelphia (30% chance of rain) and Texas at Colorado (30% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: