It's time for the daily edition of the daily fantasy Baseball forecast provided by Warren Gray. This column offers a general overview for the days baseball games. We will scrutinize what teams are projected which teams are anticipated to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a very good start in daily fantasy baseball. Each day we investigate the day ahead in baseball and try to forecast the daily fantasy environment. Today's daily fantasy predictions are for August 04, 2015, and as usual for a Tuesday we have a full schedule of games to pick from today. It should be a very exciting day as players from many teams are predicted to be a good choice for daily fantasy offence. Those games also include at minimum one likely pitcher's duel for those who love to watch pitching dominate. We will examine the specifics of both of the outlier games shortly. Without further introduction, It's time to investigate the daily fantasy forecast for the day.
Projected Winners and Losers
In this section we investigate which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favored team winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favored team has a good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.
- L.A. Dodgers (Alex Wood-LHP) -over- Philadelphia (Jerome Williams-RHP)
- Washington (Max Scherzer-RHP) -over- Arizona (Patrick Corbin-LHP)
- Toronto (Marco Estrada-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Phil Hughes-RHP)
- N.Y. Yankees (Masahiro Tanaka-RHP) -over- Boston (Henry Owens-LHP)
- Chicago Cubs (Jake Arrieta-RHP) -over- Pittsburgh (J.A. Happ-LHP)
- San Francisco (Jake Peavy-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
- N.Y. Mets (Jonathon Niese-LHP) -over- Miami (Brad Hand-LHP)
- St. Louis (John Lackey-RHP) -over- Cincinnati (Anthony DeSclafani-RHP)
- Houston (Dan Straily-RHP) -over- Texas (Yovani Gallardo-RHP)
- Chicago White Sox (Chris Sale-LHP) -over- Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP)
- Milwaukee (Jimmy Nelson-RHP) -vs- San Diego (Andrew Cashner-RHP)
- Detroit (Justin Verlander-RHP) -vs- Kansas City (Danny Duffy-LHP)
- Baltimore (Miguel Gonzalez-RHP) -vs- Oakland (Chris Bassitt-RHP)
- L.A. Angels (Matt Shoemaker-RHP) -vs- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP)
- Colorado (Jon Gray-RHP) -vs- Seattle (Vidal Nuno-LHP)
High and Low Scoring Games
High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players.
- Minnesota -vs- Toronto (7:05 PM)
- Houston -vs- Texas (8:05 PM)
- Seattle -vs- Colorado (8:40 PM)
- Arizona -vs- Washington (7:05 PM)
- Tampa Bay -vs- Chicago White Sox (8:10 PM)
Pitchers to Target or Avoid
It is important to consider that these pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a good fantasy day compared to other available options.
Pitchers to Target
Max Scherzer has an amazing matchup today and should be considered a must-start player. Max Scherzer has a terrific matchup today and in my opinion is a must-start daily fantasy option. Pitchers who should be very good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Chris Archer, Chris Sale, Alex Wood and Masahiro Tanaka.
Pitchers to Avoid
Phil Hughes has a very bad matchup today and in my opinion should be benched. Starters who are predicted to be poor options today due to unfavorable matchups include: Dan Straily. There are also other pitchers who should be avoided today, including: Yovani Gallardo, Vidal Nuno, Jon Gray, Jerome Williams and Henry Owens. These recommendations don't mean that a pitcher on the list is certain to have a bad game, but it does mean that we wouldn't bet on it.