Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Thursday, June 18, 2015

Warren Gray back to analyze today's schedule of baseball games and provide a daily fantasy Baseball forecast. This column offers a high level outlook for the days baseball games. We will analyze which clubs are predicted to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a good start in daily fantasy baseball. Each day we scrutinize the schedule of baseball games and try to predict the best games to focus on for your daily fantasy baseball lineup. These daily fantasy predictions are for June 18, 2015 and we have a full slate of games to pick players from today. Today we have more than a game anticipated to be a very high scoring affair. We will examine the particulars of the outlier high scoring game shortly. It's time to evaluate the daily fantasy forecast for the day.

 

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we scrutinize which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favorite winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favorite has a very good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.

Great Matchups

  • Baltimore (Bud Norris-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Sean O'Sullivan-RHP)
  • Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP) -over- San Diego (Ian Kennedy-RHP)
  • N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP) -over- Miami (Mat Latos-RHP)
  • Toronto (R.A. Dickey-RHP) -over- N.Y. Mets (Bartolo Colon-RHP)
  • Cleveland (Danny Salazar-RHP) -over- Chicago Cubs (Jason Hammel-RHP)
  • Kansas City (Jeremy Guthrie-RHP) -over- Milwaukee (Jimmy Nelson-RHP)
  • L.A. Dodgers (Zack Greinke-RHP) -over- Texas (Anthony Ranaudo-RHP)

Average Matchups

  • St. Louis (Jaime Garcia-LHP) -over- Minnesota (Mike Pelfrey-RHP)
  • L.A. Angels (C.J. Wilson-LHP) -over- Arizona (Allen Webster-RHP)
  • Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -over- Washington (Doug Fister-RHP)
  • Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole-RHP) -over- Chicago White Sox (Jeff Samardzija-RHP)

Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)

  • Colorado (David Hale-RHP) -vs- Houston (Collin McHugh-RHP)
  • Boston (Clay Buchholz-RHP) -vs- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
  • Cincinnati (Mike Leake-RHP) -vs- Detroit (Justin Verlander-RHP)

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the statistics indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a good strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to avoid the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.

High Scoring Games

  • Houston -vs- Colorado (3:10 PM)
  • L.A. Angels -vs- Arizona (3:40 PM)
  • N.Y. Mets -vs- Toronto (7:05 PM)

Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)

  • No Pitcher's Duels Today

 

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

These pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a good fantasy day compared to other available options.

Pitchers to Target

Pitchers who should be very good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Bud Norris and Kendall Graveman. Other pitchers who should be good targets today due to favorable matchups include: CC Sabathia, Danny Salazar, Jeremy Guthrie and Zack Greinke.

Pitchers to Avoid

Bartolo Colon has an awful matchup today and should avoided at all costs. Pitchers who are not recommended as starters today due to poor matchups include: Collin McHugh, David Hale, C.J. Wilson and Allen Webster. Other pitchers who are not expected to succeed today due to unfavorable matchups include: Sean O'Sullivan, Ian Kennedy, Mat Latos, Jason Hammel, Jimmy Nelson and Anthony Ranaudo. These avoid recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.

Weather

Fantasy players who get rained out typically score zero points. The following games have a chance for rain delays: Baltimore at Philadelphia (40% chance of rain), Tampa Bay at Washington (30% chance of rain), Miami at N.Y. Yankees (30% chance of rain), N.Y. Mets at Toronto (40% chance of rain), Chicago Cubs at Cleveland (60% chance of rain), Boston at Atlanta (30% chance of rain), Detroit at Cincinnati (40% chance of rain), Milwaukee at Kansas City (30% chance of rain), Texas at L.A. Dodgers (10% chance of rain) and San Francisco at Seattle (30% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: 

Tags: