Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's time for another day of the Daily daily fantasy forecast for baseball brought to you by Warren Gray. This column offers a broad overview for the days baseball games. We will investigate which teams we predict to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a good start in daily fantasy baseball. Each day we scrutinize the docket of baseball games and make an effort to predict the best games to focus on or avoid for your daily fantasy baseball lineup. These projections are for July 30, 2015. There is not a full schedule of games today, only 26 teams are playing today. These projections are for July 30, 2015. There is not a full schedule of games today, only 26 teams are playing today. Today we have a game that expected to be a fantastic choice for daily fantasy offence, with details to follow. We also have a game that is predicted to be an outstanding choice for daily fantasy starting pitching as we expect very little offence. We will examine the details of both of the outlier games shortly. Without further introduction, It is time to analyze the daily fantasy forecast for the day.

Projected Winners and Losers

Now we will scrutinize which teams are predicted to win today. Great Matchups are games in which the odds of the favorite winning are relatively high compared to the average game. Average matchups describe games that the favorite has a pretty good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are listed in parenthesis.

    Great Matchups
  • Washington (Max Scherzer-RHP) -over- Miami (Dan Haren-RHP)
  • St. Louis (Carlos Martinez-RHP) -over- Colorado (Chris Rusin-LHP)
  • Baltimore (Miguel Gonzalez-RHP) -over- Detroit (Alfredo Simon-RHP)
  • Chicago White Sox (Chris Sale-LHP) -over- Boston (Steven Wright-RHP)
  • Houston (Scott Kazmir-LHP) -over- L.A. Angels (Matt Shoemaker-RHP)
    Average Matchups
  • Chicago Cubs (Jake Arrieta-RHP) -over- Milwaukee (Jimmy Nelson-RHP)
  • N.Y. Yankees (Michael Pineda-RHP) -over- Texas (Yovani Gallardo-RHP)
  • Minnesota (Phil Hughes-RHP) -over- Seattle (J.A. Happ-LHP)
  • Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP) -over- Oakland (Chris Bassitt-RHP)
    Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)
  • N.Y. Mets (Jonathon Niese-LHP) -vs- San Diego (Andrew Cashner-RHP)
  • Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP) -vs- Philadelphia (Aaron Harang-RHP)

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the metrics indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a above average strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to stay away from the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.

    High Scoring Games
  • N.Y. Yankees -vs- Texas (8:05 PM)
    Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)
  • Washington -vs- Miami (12:10 PM)

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

Remember that the pitching recommendations are best used over a large sample size. As you probably know, baseball is a sport in which playing above average matchups wins out over time, but not necessarily every day. Remember to keep this in mind as you play DFS.

Pitchers to Target

Starters who are predicted to be pretty good options today due to favorable matchups include: Carlos Martinez, Miguel Gonzalez, Chris Sale and Scott Kazmir.

Pitchers to Avoid

Pitchers who are not recommended as starters today due to poor matchups include: Michael Pineda and Yovani Gallardo. Other pitchers who are not predicted to succeed today due to unfavorable matchups include: Chris Rusin, Alfredo Simon, Steven Wright and Matt Shoemaker. These avoid recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.

Weather

If players games get rained out, they can't score fantasy points. It is recommended to avoid players from the following games to avoid the potential rainout: Washington at Miami (30% chance of rain), San Diego at N.Y. Mets (40% chance of rain), Atlanta at Philadelphia (40% chance of rain), Detroit at Baltimore (30% chance of rain), Chicago White Sox at Boston (40% chance of rain) and L.A. Angels at Houston (30% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: