It's time for the daily edition of the daily fantasy Baseball forecast provided by Warren Gray. This column provides readers with a general synopsis for the days baseball games. We will analyze which teams we predict to be the winners, slugfests, pitcher's duels, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who might be a very good option. In each edition of our daily series we study the baseball games in search of the best baseball games to target for daily fantasy plays. Today's daily fantasy predictions are for June 07, 2015, and we enjoy is a full schedule of 15 games today. Prepare for several games today to provide plenty of runs for your daily fantasy lineups. You should also prepare for at least a single game today to provide a quiet day on the offensive side of the ball. We will examine the details of both of the outlier games shortly. It's time to examine the daily fantasy forecast for the day.
Projected Winners and Losers
Now we will take a look at which teams are predicted to win today. Great Matchups describe games in which the odds of the projected winning team winning are relatively high compared to the average game. Average matchups refer to games that the projected winning team has a above average chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are listed in parenthesis.
- Cincinnati (Johnny Cueto-RHP) -over- San Diego (Odrisamer Despaigne-RHP)
- Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Alex Wood-LHP)
- San Francisco (Ryan Vogelsong-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Sean O'Sullivan-RHP)
- L.A. Dodgers (Zack Greinke-RHP) -over- St. Louis (Lance Lynn-RHP)
- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP) -over- Baltimore (Bud Norris-RHP)
- Boston (Clay Buchholz-RHP) -over- Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP)
- Washington (Jordan Zimmermann-RHP) -over- Chicago Cubs (Kyle Hendricks-RHP)
- N.Y. Mets (Jacob deGrom-RHP) -over- Arizona (Josh Collmenter-RHP)
- Chicago White Sox (Jeff Samardzija-RHP) -over- Detroit (Alfredo Simon-RHP)
- Kansas City (Jeremy Guthrie-RHP) -over- Texas (Colby Lewis-RHP)
- Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -over- Seattle (Mike Montgomery-LHP)
- Milwaukee (Mike Fiers-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Mike Pelfrey-RHP)
Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)
- Colorado (Kyle Kendrick-RHP) -vs- Miami (Jose Urena-RHP)
- N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP) -vs- L.A. Angels (C.J. Wilson-LHP)
- Toronto (R.A. Dickey-RHP) -vs- Houston (Collin McHugh-RHP)
High and Low Scoring Games
High scoring games are games in which the stats indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a very good strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to stay away from the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.
High Scoring Games
- Miami -vs- Colorado (4:10 PM)
- Detroit -vs- Chicago White Sox (2:10 PM)
- Texas -vs- Kansas City (2:10 PM)
Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)
- St. Louis -vs- L.A. Dodgers (8:05 PM)
- Tampa Bay -vs- Seattle (4:10 PM)
Pitchers to Target or Avoid
These pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a pretty good fantasy day compared to other available options.
Pitchers to Target
Pitchers who should be very good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Chris Archer, Mike Montgomery and Johnny Cueto. Other pitchers who should be good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Gerrit Cole, Ryan Vogelsong, Carlos Carrasco and Clay Buchholz.
Pitchers to Avoid
Pitchers who are not recommended as starters today due to poor matchups include: Jose Urena, Kyle Kendrick, Alfredo Simon, Jeff Samardzija and Colby Lewis. Other pitchers who are not anticipated to succeed today due to unfavorable matchups include: Jeremy Guthrie, Odrisamer Despaigne, Alex Wood, Sean O'Sullivan, Bud Norris and Kendall Graveman. These avoid recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.
There are games today that should be avoided due to potential rainouts, including: Miami at Colorado (30% chance of rain), Detroit at Chicago White Sox (40% chance of rain) and Texas at Kansas City (40% chance of rain).