Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Sunday, July 19, 2015

Here are the forecasts for daily fantasy Baseball, brought to you by Warren Gray. This column offers a general synopsis for the days baseball games. We will analyze who we project to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a good start in daily fantasy baseball. Each day we examine the schedule of baseball games and do our best to predict the best games to focus on for your daily fantasy baseball lineup. Today's daily fantasy projections are for July 19, 2015, and as usual for a Sunday we have a full slate of games to pick from today. It's time to get started, let's examine the outlook for today.

 

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we analyze which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the projected winning team winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the projected winning team has a good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.

Great Matchups

  • St. Louis (Tim Cooney-LHP) -over- N.Y. Mets (Jonathon Niese-LHP)
  • San Diego (Andrew Cashner-RHP) -over- Colorado (Eddie Butler-RHP)
  • Chicago Cubs (Jake Arrieta-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
  • Chicago White Sox (Chris Sale-LHP) -over- Kansas City (Danny Duffy-LHP)
  • Houston (Dallas Keuchel-LHP) -over- Texas (Yovani Gallardo-RHP)

Average Matchups

  • Oakland (Jesse Chavez-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Tommy Milone-LHP)
  • L.A. Angels (Hector Santiago-LHP) -over- Boston (Eduardo Rodriguez-LHP)

Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)

  • Washington (Max Scherzer-RHP) -vs- L.A. Dodgers (Zack Greinke-RHP)
  • Milwaukee (Taylor Jungmann-RHP) -vs- Pittsburgh (Jeff Locke-LHP)
  • San Francisco (Madison Bumgarner-LHP) -vs- Arizona (Patrick Corbin-LHP)
  • Seattle (Felix Hernandez-RHP) -vs- N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP)
  • Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -vs- Toronto (Marco Estrada-RHP)
  • Detroit (Justin Verlander-RHP) -vs- Baltimore (Miguel Gonzalez-RHP)
  • Cincinnati (Johnny Cueto-RHP) -vs- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP)

Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the statistics indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a above average strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to stay away from the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.

Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)

  • L.A. Dodgers -vs- Washington (1:35 PM)

 

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

These pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a very good fantasy day compared to other available options.

Pitchers to Target

Pitchers who should be very good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Zack Greinke and Max Scherzer. Other pitchers who should be good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Tim Cooney, Andrew Cashner, Jake Arrieta, Chris Sale and Dallas Keuchel.

Pitchers to Avoid

Starters who are anticipated to be poor options today due to unfavorable matchups include: Jonathon Niese, Eddie Butler, Shelby Miller, Danny Duffy and Yovani Gallardo. These recommendations don't mean that a pitcher on the list is certain to have a bad game, but it does mean that we wouldn't bet on it.

Weather

There are games today that should be avoided due to potential rainouts, including: N.Y. Mets at St. Louis (40% chance of rain), San Francisco at Arizona (30% chance of rain), Tampa Bay at Toronto (30% chance of rain), Minnesota at Oakland (30% chance of rain), Boston at L.A. Angels (30% chance of rain) and Cleveland at Cincinnati (40% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: 

Tags: