It's time for another fantasy baseball forecast for daily fantasy players. The saying is partially true - you can't predict baseball... However we can predict with accuracy over the long run which are most likely to be high and low scoring games, potential rain-outs, pitching suggestions (start and avoid), and other info that can give us an edge over our daily fantasy competition. Here we look for an advantage over our competition by determining the best odds on which players to stay away from target each day. Over the course of the season, we will come out on top. Today's daily fantasy projections are for August 09, 2015, and as usual for a Sunday we have a full slate of games to pick from today. It's time to get started, let's scrutinize the outlook for today.
Projected Winners and Losers
In this section we take a look at which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favorite winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favorite has a very good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.
- Washington (Max Scherzer-RHP) -over- Colorado (Yohan Flande-LHP)
- San Diego (Andrew Cashner-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Jerome Williams-RHP)
- Chicago Cubs (Jake Arrieta-RHP) -over- San Francisco (Jake Peavy-RHP)
- Cleveland (Corey Kluber-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Phil Hughes-RHP)
- Seattle (Felix Hernandez-RHP) -over- Texas (Colby Lewis-RHP)
- Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -over- N.Y. Mets (Bartolo Colon-RHP)
- Arizona (Patrick Corbin-LHP) -over- Cincinnati (Anthony DeSclafani-RHP)
- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP) -over- Miami (Brad Hand-LHP)
- Detroit (Justin Verlander-RHP) -over- Boston (Henry Owens-LHP)
- Kansas City (Danny Duffy-LHP) -over- Chicago White Sox (Jose Quintana-LHP)
- L.A. Angels (Jered Weaver-RHP) -over- Baltimore (Miguel Gonzalez-RHP)
- Pittsburgh (Charlie Morton-RHP) -vs- L.A. Dodgers (Alex Wood-LHP)
- St. Louis (John Lackey-RHP) -vs- Milwaukee (Jimmy Nelson-RHP)
- Houston (Mike Fiers-RHP) -vs- Oakland (Chris Bassitt-RHP)
High and Low Scoring Games
High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players.
- No High Scoring Games Today
- N.Y. Mets -vs- Tampa Bay (1:10 PM)
Pitchers to Target or Avoid
Please keep in mind that these pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a very good fantasy day compared to other available options.
Pitchers to Target
These starters are projected to be very good options today: Max Scherzer, Andrew Cashner, Jake Arrieta, Corey Kluber and Felix Hernandez.
Pitchers to Avoid
These starters are predicted to struggle today: Yohan Flande, Jerome Williams, Jake Peavy, Phil Hughes and Colby Lewis. These avoid recommendations are best used over the long term. Of course pitchers may have great success despite a lower statistical chance of success before the game, but over the long run using these metrics should provide an advantage.
Fantasy players who get rained out typically score zero points. The following games have a chance for rain delays: