Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Saturday, June 13, 2015

It's time for another day of daily fantasy baseball forecasts for daily fantasy baseball. This column offers a high level summary for the days baseball games. We will examine who we project to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, potential rain-outs, and starting pitchers who could be a very good start in daily fantasy baseball. Each day we evaluate the day ahead in baseball and do our best to forecast the daily fantasy environment. Today's daily fantasy predictions are for June 13, 2015, and as usual for a Saturday we have a full slate of games to pick from today. Today should be a very exciting day of baseball as more than a game should provide a serious dose of offense. It should also be a very exciting day as pitching is projected to dominate a minimum of one game. We will examine the finer points of both of the outlier games shortly. It's time to examine the daily fantasy forecast for the day.

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

Remember that the pitching recommendations are best used over a large sample size. As you probably know, baseball is a sport in which playing above average matchups wins out over time, but not necessarily every day. Remember to keep this in mind as you play DFS.

Pitchers to Target

We have a wealth of pitchers with excellent matchups today. Jacob deGromZack Greinke and Chris Archer all have excellent matchups and should be considered must-start options for DFS. Pitchers who should be very good targets today due to favorable matchups include: Gerrit ColeRyan Vogelsong and Kyle Hendricks.

Pitchers to Avoid

Starters who are predicted to be poor options today due to unfavorable matchups include: R.A. DickeyClay Buchholz and Mike Pelfrey. Other pitchers who are not poised to succeed today due to unfavorable matchups include: Colby LewisSean O'SullivanAllen Webster and Mike Leake. These stay away from recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we examine which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favored team winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favored team has a pretty good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.

Great Matchups

  • Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Sean O'Sullivan-RHP)
  • N.Y. Mets (Jacob deGrom-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
  • San Francisco (Ryan Vogelsong-RHP) -over- Arizona (Allen Webster-RHP)
  • Chicago Cubs (Kyle Hendricks-RHP) -over- Cincinnati (Mike Leake-RHP)
  • L.A. Dodgers (Zack Greinke-RHP) -over- San Diego (Ian Kennedy-RHP)
  • Tampa Bay (Chris Archer-RHP) -over- Chicago White Sox (Jeff Samardzija-RHP)

Average Matchups

  • Milwaukee (Jimmy Nelson-RHP) -over- Washington (Joe Ross-RHP)
  • Boston (Clay Buchholz-RHP) -over- Toronto (R.A. Dickey-RHP)
  • Texas (Colby Lewis-RHP) -over- Minnesota (Mike Pelfrey-RHP)
  • Houston (Collin McHugh-RHP) -over- Seattle (Mike Montgomery-LHP)
  • L.A. Angels (C.J. Wilson-LHP) -over- Oakland (Kendall Graveman-RHP)

Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)

  • Detroit (Justin Verlander-RHP) -vs- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP)
  • Baltimore (Bud Norris-RHP) -vs- N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP)

Weather

There are games today that should be avoided due to potential rainouts, including: Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (40% chance of rain), Washington at Milwaukee (40% chance of rain), Cincinnati at Chicago Cubs (40% chance of rain), Cleveland at Detroit (30% chance of rain), Seattle at Houston (40% chance of rain), N.Y. Yankees at Baltimore (30% chance of rain).

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the stats indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These matchups are particularly ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same team, hoping for a big day from multiple players. Stacking players on the same team is an ideal strategy in large tournaments in which there are plenty of opponents to beat out. Offensive players depend on each other to score points from runs and RBIs, so choosing players on a team who you expect to score a lot of runs is typically a good strategy for daily formats in which you are up against a large number of opponents. These are also the matchups in which you most likely want to avoid the starting pitchers and possibly even the bullpens.

High Scoring Games

  • Toronto -vs- Boston (1:35 PM)
  • Minnesota -vs- Texas (4:05 PM)

Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)

  • Atlanta -vs- N.Y. Mets (4:10 PM)
  • L.A. Dodgers -vs- San Diego (10:10 PM)
  • Chicago White Sox -vs- Tampa Bay (4:10 PM)

 

 

 

Part of a Series: 

Category: 

Tags: