Daily Fantasy Baseball Forecast for Saturday, July 25, 2015

Warren Gray back to evaluate today's docket of baseball games and provide a daily fantasy Baseball forecast. This column offers readers a high level overview for the days baseball games. We will investigate which teams we have predicted to be the winning teams, high scoring games, low scoring games, possible weather issues to avoid, and starting pitchers who might be good daily fantasy plays. Each day we examine the day ahead in baseball and attempt to forecast the daily fantasy environment. Today's daily fantasy projections are for July 25, 2015, and as usual for a Saturday we all 30 teams are in action. Today we have more than a single game poised to be a very high scoring affair. It should also be an exciting day as pitching is poised to prevail at worst one game. We will analyze the finer points of both of the outlier games shortly. Without further introduction, let's get into the overview for today.

Projected Winners and Losers

In this section we scrutinize which teams are projected to win today. Great Matchups are games in which the odds of the predicted winning team winning are relatively high compared to the average game. Average matchups describe games that the predicted winning team has a good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are listed in parenthesis.

    Great Matchups
  • Chicago Cubs (Jake Arrieta-RHP) -over- Philadelphia (Cole Hamels-LHP)
  • St. Louis (Carlos Martinez-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Shelby Miller-RHP)
  • L.A. Angels (Hector Santiago-LHP) -over- Texas (Yovani Gallardo-RHP)
  • San Francisco (Madison Bumgarner-LHP) -over- Oakland (Chris Bassitt-RHP)
    Average Matchups
  • N.Y. Mets (Matt Harvey-RHP) -over- L.A. Dodgers (Zach Lee-RHP)
  • Cincinnati (Johnny Cueto-RHP) -over- Colorado (Chris Rusin-LHP)
  • Boston (Steven Wright-RHP) -over- Detroit (Alfredo Simon-RHP)
  • Toronto (Drew Hutchison-RHP) -over- Seattle (J.A. Happ-LHP)
  • N.Y. Yankees (CC Sabathia-LHP) -over- Minnesota (Tommy Milone-LHP)
  • Kansas City (Danny Duffy-LHP) -over- Houston (Scott Feldman-RHP)
    Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)
  • Arizona (Rubby De La Rosa-RHP) -vs- Milwaukee (Taylor Jungmann-RHP)
  • Tampa Bay (Erasmo Ramirez-RHP) -vs- Baltimore (Miguel Gonzalez-RHP)
  • Chicago White Sox (Chris Sale-LHP) -vs- Cleveland (Carlos Carrasco-RHP)

High and Low Scoring Games

High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These games can be ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same MLB team. In larger tournaments, playing many players from the same team can increase the chances that they all have a big day together leading to a higher daily fantasy team score.

    High Scoring Games
  • Cincinnati -vs- Colorado (8:10 PM)
  • Detroit -vs- Boston (4:05 PM)
    Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)
  • Philadelphia -vs- Chicago Cubs (4:05 PM)
  • Chicago White Sox -vs- Cleveland (7:10 PM)
  • Oakland -vs- San Francisco (4:05 PM)

Pitchers to Target or Avoid

Please keep in mind that these pitching recommendations provide best results when used over large sample periods. These picks simply represent the pitchers who have the best chances of having a good fantasy day compared to other available options.

Pitchers to Target

Both Madison Bumgarner and Jake Arrieta have excellent matchups today and should be started in all formats. We expect the following starting pitchers to be above average options today: Chris Sale, Carlos Carrasco, Carlos Martinez and Hector Santiago.

Pitchers to Avoid

We expect the following starters to struggle today: Johnny Cueto. There are also other pitchers who should be avoided today, including: Chris Rusin, Alfredo Simon, Steven Wright, Shelby Miller and Yovani Gallardo. These avoid recommendations aren't bulletproof, but these pitchers have a lower chance of success than the pitchers we recommend targeting based on our metrics.

Weather

If players games get rained out, they can't score fantasy points. It is recommended to stay away from players from the following games to stay away from the potential rainout: Atlanta at St. Louis (40% chance of rain), Toronto at Seattle (40% chance of rain), Chicago White Sox at Cleveland (30% chance of rain) and Houston at Kansas City (30% chance of rain).

Part of a Series: 

Category: