Good morning, baseball fans! Here are the expectations for daily fantasy Baseball, brought to you by Warren Gray. The saying is partially true - you can't predict baseball... However we can predict with accuracy over the long run which are most likely to be high and low scoring games, potential rain-outs, pitching suggestions (start and avoid), and other info that can give us an edge over our daily fantasy competition. Here we look for an advantage over our competition by determining the best odds on which players to avoid target each day. Over the course of the season, we will come out on top. These daily fantasy predictions are for August 01, 2015 and we have a full docket of games to select players from today. Prepare for an exciting day with multiple shootouts on today's schedule of games. Pitching is also expected to take over at minimum a game today. We will analyze the details of both of the outlier games shortly. It's time to examine the daily fantasy forecast for the day.
Projected Winners and Losers
Now we will analyze which teams are predicted to win today. Great Matchups refer to games in which the odds of the favorite winning are much higher than we normally see. Average matchups indicate that the favorite has a very good chance to win, and coin flips indicate games that are just too close to call with any confidence. Probable pitchers are in parenthesis.
- Pittsburgh (Gerrit Cole-RHP) -over- Cincinnati (Raisel Iglesias-RHP)
- N.Y. Mets (Jacob deGrom-RHP) -over- Washington (Joe Ross-RHP)
- St. Louis (Lance Lynn-RHP) -over- Colorado (Jorge De La Rosa-LHP)
- Baltimore (Kevin Gausman-RHP) -over- Detroit (Anibal Sanchez-RHP)
- L.A. Dodgers (Clayton Kershaw-LHP) -over- L.A. Angels (Andrew Heaney-LHP)
- Houston (Dallas Keuchel-LHP) -over- Arizona (Jeremy Hellickson-RHP)
- Philadelphia (Aaron Nola-RHP) -over- Atlanta (Matt Wisler-RHP)
- Chicago Cubs (Kyle Hendricks-RHP) -over- Milwaukee (Matt Garza-RHP)
- Toronto (Mark Buehrle-LHP) -over- Kansas City (Yordano Ventura-RHP)
- Boston (Joe Kelly-RHP) -over- Tampa Bay (Matt Moore-LHP)
- Minnesota (Kyle Gibson-RHP) -over- Seattle (Mike Montgomery-LHP)
- Texas (Cole Hamels-LHP) -over- San Francisco (Chris Heston-RHP)
Coin Flips (50/50 Matchups)
- Miami (Jose Urena-RHP) -vs- San Diego (Odrisamer Despaigne-RHP)
- Chicago White Sox (John Danks-LHP) -vs- N.Y. Yankees (Bryan Mitchell-RHP)
- Cleveland (Cody Anderson-RHP) -vs- Oakland (Aaron Brooks-RHP)
High and Low Scoring Games
High scoring games are games in which the matchups indicate that a lot of runs could be scored. These games can be ideal for stacking daily fantasy players on the same MLB team. In larger tournaments, playing many players from the same team can increase the chances that they all have a big day together leading to a higher daily fantasy team score.
High Scoring Games
- Tampa Bay -vs- Boston (1:35 PM)
- N.Y. Yankees -vs- Chicago White Sox (7:10 PM)
- San Francisco -vs- Texas (8:05 PM)
Pitcher's Duels (Low Scoring Games)
- Washington -vs- N.Y. Mets (7:10 PM)
- L.A. Angels -vs- L.A. Dodgers (4:05 PM)
Pitchers to Target or Avoid
Remember that the pitching recommendations are best used over a large sample size. As you probably know, baseball is a sport in which playing very good matchups wins out over time, but not necessarily every day. Remember to keep this in mind as you play DFS.
Pitchers to Target
Both Clayton Kershaw and Jacob deGrom have excellent matchups today and should be started in all formats. Starters who are expected to be pretty good options today due to favorable matchups include: Gerrit Cole, Lance Lynn, Kevin Gausman and Dallas Keuchel.
Pitchers to Avoid
We expect the following starters to struggle today: Matt Moore, Joe Kelly, Bryan Mitchell and John Danks. There are also other pitchers who should be avoided today, including: Chris Heston, Cole Hamels, Raisel Iglesias, Jorge De La Rosa, Anibal Sanchez and Jeremy Hellickson. These recommendations don't mean that a pitcher on the list is certain to have a bad game, but it does mean that we wouldn't bet on it.
Players who get rained out can't score points. A best practice in playing daily fantasy baseball is to stay away from players playing in games in which there is a high chance of rain. Those games include: Seattle at Minnesota (40% chance of rain).